Home > Health And Wellness
BEGGING BISCUITS DOG TREATS
1 Cup and 3 Tablespoons of whole wheat flour, divided
1 Cut spelt flour (or another cup of whole wheat if you don’t have spelt)
1 Cup rolled oats
3 Tablespoons ground flax seeds
¼ Cup organic peanut butter
1¼ Cup warm water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare 2 baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, place 1 cup of the wheat flour, spelt flour, rolled oats, and flax seeds. Mix together with a spoon.
4. Add the peanut butter and mix on low speed until blended.
5. Add the warm water a little bit at a time while mixing on low speed. The batter will be a little thick and sticky.
6. Put the remaining whole wheat flour onto a flat, dry, clean surface.
7. Knead the dough on the lightly floured surface. Add more whole wheat flour if needed until the dough is stiff and no longer sticky.
8. Roll the dough out on a clean, flat, slightly floured surface until it is ¼ inch thick.
9. Cut the dough into shapes with cookie cutters or a pizza slicer.
10. Place on the prepared baking sheet about 1½ inches apart.
11. Bake at 350 degrees for twenty minutes.
12. Do NOT remove the dog treats from the oven, but turn the oven off. Allowing the treats to stay in the oven after it is turned off will make for crispy treats.
13. When cooled, remove the treats from the oven and the baking sheets.