Ingredients 6 servings
- 2 3/4 cups precubed butternut squash
- 2 1/2 cups halved Brussels sprouts (or quartered, if large)
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper plus 1/4 teaspoon, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (1/2-inch; about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup red grapes, halves
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1 5-ounce package baby arugula
- 1/4 cup walnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425degrees F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss squash, Brussels sprouts, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet (reserve the bowl). Roast, stirring once or twice, until the vegetables are tender, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Combine chicken, grapes, onion and arugula in the reserved bowl. Add the roasted vegetables and toss to combine.
- Whisk walnut oil (or olive oil), vinegar, shallot, mustard and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Pour over the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serving size: about 2 cups
- Per serving: 242 calories; 12 g fat(1 g sat); 3 g fiber; 18 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 66 mcg folate; 40 mg cholesterol; 7 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 7705 IU vitamin A; 48 mg vitamin C; 97 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 378 mg sodium; 642 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (154% daily value), Vitamin C (80% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
- Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 2 fat
- From: Eatingwell.com