Dear HCCUA Members:
With tax season in full effect, many people try filing on their own taxes. The best thing to do is hire a professional that knows all the applicable laws, regulations and proper deductions. Hiring a professional could potentially save you money, ensure proper refunds, and can also prevent you from making costly mistakes.
A tax professional will be able to reassure you that your taxes are accurate and error free. To find a good tax professional look no further! As a member of HCCUA we offer tax preparation and advice through Legal Club of America to provide our members with the most comprehensive legal care for individuals and their eligible family members with unlimited access to a proprietary network in all 50 states.
Under the Family Protection Plan, Legal Club provides comprehensive personal tax benefits including free tax return preparation and unlimited, toll-free, tax related advice during normal business hours. Additionally, you have access to most commonly used tax professionals free of charge or at a significantly discounted rate. All tax and financial assistance is provided by tax attorneys, financial analysts, CPA’s, former auditors and/or Enrolled Agents certified by the IRS. Furthermore, all tax and financial advice is backed by a $1 million liability policy.
Tax related benefits include:
- Unlimited advice for personal and business matters on federal taxation via toll-free phone call/fax/e-mail (no time or frequency limitations)
- Free mail-in tax return preparation (includes 1040EZ, 1040A, and 1040)*
- Free preparation of all schedules that accompany the form 1040*
- Receive a discount off of tax returns prepared by H & R Block®**
- IRS audit assistance
- Tax professionals will review any notice or letter issued by the IRS and provide advice on how to understand and solve the matter.
- Access to a web-based IRS audit tutorial, as well as an IRS notification tutorial
- IRS notification assistance
- Tax planning
- Review of prior year’s tax return*
- Member portal with tax tips, tax law changes, tax organization area, IRS audit area, IRS notification area and member advice on-line
To save yourself a lot of time and money, the more organized and straightforward you keep your receipts, records and books, the faster and easier it will be for your tax professional to file your returns.
Included with your HCCUA e-Newsletter we have attached an article on Medical Identity Theft. Please do not take this information lightly. Unfortunately, over two million Americans have already been victims of this new threat that seems to be increasing each year.
Apart from that, we have included a Shrimp Scampi Zoodles recipe from Skinnytaste.com that could be a health, romantic dinner to prepare for someone special! I promise you won’t be sorry!
Kristine Eckardt, Director of Member Communications