4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 lb. ground beef or turkey
1 c. jarred marinara
pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
1 c. ricotta
Freshly ground black pepper
1 c. shredded mozzarella
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Score zucchini (like you’re dicing an avocado) and scoop out insides into a large bowl.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, 6 minutes more, then add marinara and stir until combined. Add crushed red pepper flakes.
- Stuff zucchini: Spread ricotta on bottom of each zucchini boat and season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over ricotta layer and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake until zucchini is tender and cheese golden, 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.