- 1/2 cup concentrated Louisiana-style shrimp and crab boil seasoning (such as Zatarain’s)
- 4 pounds medium red potatoes
- 2 to 3 medium sweet onions, such as Vidalia, peeled and quartered if large
- 2 1/2 pounds cured, smoked pork sausage links, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 8 ears of corn, cut in half
- 4 pounds medium shrimp
Fill a 7-gallon stockpot halfway with water (or use 2 large pots and divide the ingredients between them). Add the seasoning and bring to a rolling boil. Add the whole potatoes to the pot. Allow the water to return to a boil and cook 5 minutes. Add the onions and sausage. Bring the water back to a boil and cook 15 minutes. Add the corn, bring the water back to a boil and cook 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are done.
Add the shrimp, bring the water back to a boil and cook until the shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Drain through a colander; discard the liquid. Serve on newspaper or a platter.