- 1 tsp each ground cumin, coriander, sweet smoked paprika (pimenton) and fennel seeds
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 x 150g ocean trout fillets, skin removed, pin-boned
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into thin wedges
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
Combine the spices, 1 tbs oil and 1 tsp salt in a large bowl. Add the fish, turning to coat, then set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
Heat the remaining 1 tbs oil in a frypan over medium heat and cook the fish for 2-3 minutes each side until almost cooked through. Remove from the pan, loosely cover with foil, then set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, place the pineapple, cucumber, chilli and lime juice in a bowl, season, then toss to combine. Place on a serving platter and flake the trout over the top. Sprinkle with coriander to serve.