1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. chili powder
3 c. Shredded chicken
1 1/3 c. red enchilada sauce, divided
4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
1 c. shredded Cheddar
Sour cream, for drizzling
Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and season with salt. Cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic, cumin and chili powder and stir until combined. Add shredded chicken and 1 cup enchilada sauce and stir until saucy.
- On a cutting board, use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to make thin slices of zucchini. Lay out three, slightly overlapping, and place a spoonful of chicken mixture on top. Roll up and transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with remaining zucchini and chicken mixture.
- Spoon remaining 1/3 cup enchilada sauce over zucchini enchiladas and sprinkle with both cheeses.
- Bake until melty, 20 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro and serve.